Leadership Worth the Name
The 7 deadly statements every leader should avoid.
1. The integrity of a leader is measured by the distance between his words and his actions.
2. Pleasing everyone kills authentic leadership.
3. Humility not self importance is the leader’s secret to gaining respect.
4.It is action not position that produces results in leadership.
5. A leader produces more leaders, not followers, by empowering them to be better.
6. A leader is not a vendor of fear but a broker of faith, hope and love.
7.The heart of leadership is the leader’s heart.
Powerful is the man or woman whose heart is ripe enough to lead with humility, whose fist is clenched enough to strike down any pillar of hypocrisy in self and whose tongue is sharpened enough to speak the truth. Great is the man or woman whose purpose for leadership is not to prove his/her ability to bring out the best in others so that together they may change lives for better.
You are that great man or woman! You are the great transformer, we have been praying for.
You are the leader we have been waiting for, Get onto the stage. Step forward and lead on.